Tuesday 21 April 2015

Slab Issues - Meeting with Slab Supervisor

Many of you would have already read my post on Friday regarding the slab 'repairs' that we applied to our home to be. Click here to view it.

I was quite disappointed with the quality of the repairs and as soon as I got home I sent an email to the Slab Supervisor raising my concerns. Even though I did not receive an email back from him. Fortunately, my BC was onto it first thing Monday morning and raised this to management.

Without going into too much detail, this morning I got a call from our Slab Supervisor which was soon followed by PD's head of construction to discuss the issues I have raised. I was already meeting our Site Supervisor on site so the Slab Supervisor agreed to join.

After a lengthy discussion, PD have agreed to 'redo' all the repair work. The repairs will be conducted first thing in the morning and include the following:

  • Remove old concrete
  • Prep the area for inspection
  • Fix the Slab Membrane - Garage corner
  • Surveyor to inspect again and provide a report for sign off
  • Areas of repair to be boxed and then poured
I am hoping that this time around the repairs are done to that of an acceptable standard. 

A big thank you to all those on the homeone forum that helped me through various posts and PMs. Specifically one member who sent me a message with some great 'ammunition' for the discussion. 

Looking forward to moving on for these issues and continuing our build! 



No comments:

Post a Comment