Saturday 23 May 2015

Site visit update

As we do every weekend, we visited our site today.

Much to our surprise, the bricklayer was there! This was great to see but I hate visiting the site when someone is working on it as I always feel bad for hanging around while they are trying to work. Anyway, the bricklayer is lovely and had no problem for us to have a look around. Luckily, as my Fiancé's family was driving down from Bendigo to have a look too!

Here's a quick update on what's happening on site:

- Bricking is progressing (slowly). Quality of workmanship is top notch though!
- Insulation installation has started.
- Many items we raised had been rectified. I.E Facade window changed to correct one.
- Plaster has been delayed till next week due to some outstanding issues from our lock-up inspection

Mostly positive so far, however a few issues we spotted. One that really made me shake my head...

They were kind enough to install some sound proofing under our ducted heater.


Wrong insulation installed to the entry/garage wall. Should be sound proofed. 


Now this is the one that really annoyed me. Temporary downpipe was pushed into the house and was pouring water inside near the plaster!! It didn't seem to have splashed or touched the plaster. I told the bricklayers and they fixed it straight away but we're going to have to check the plaster now. This is one I will definitely talk to the SS about. 



Non-compliant plumbing. Should be minimum 25 mm cavity behind brickwork. 



No comments:

Post a Comment