Sunday 26 July 2015

Build issues - List is growing exponentially

So I've been monitoring the build pretty closely since I've been back from overseas and the build issues list that I had initially created is growing and growing.

I went through the house yesterday wall by wall, room by room and the end result is a whopping 65 items that need attention. 33 of those are issues such as paint touch ups, dints, damaged cabinets etc... These items I have flagged as 'PCI' as they will most likely get picked up by PD and I don't want to be micromanaging our SS.

As for the other more urgent issues, well I'm not going to list them all but here are a few that I really didn't pick up before but need attention;

One of the garage door bolts is loose and garage door was banging in the wind


Slider door does not work smoothly and jams halfway. 


And this is the pick of the bunch. One of the walls/skirting in the house is not plumb or straight at all! Yes, I did check every wall, skirting etc... 




I know the first two are an easy fix. The last one though is going to be a big discussion and might cause some delays because the only way I can foresee this being repaired is to rip the plaster and skirting off, straighten the walls/studs, re-plaster and paint sigh... We will just have to wait and see! 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Joe,

    We have one of these where the skirting wasn't straight our SS ripped it out luckily. I still need to check every room just to be sure

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Matt,

      Unfortunately, this one was missed. I understand because it's in a weird spot where you never look at it side on.

      SS has promised to fix it so no problem :)

      Yea I would still check.

      Delete