Saturday 28 March 2015

Build issues - Update

As promised, some of the issues we raised have been attended too. Below is a list of issues that have been rectified:

  • The parts of the slab that had 'Honeycomb' have been filled with structural grout. Even though it's not the cleanest of jobs I am happy with it as it ensures the perimeter of the slab is 'sealed'.























  • Frame overhang has had grout placed underneath it... Not sure if I happy with this solution and I am assuming the tradesmen that went around the perimeter of the slab thought he had to fix this too as my Site Supervisor told me he would advise how it should be fixed before going ahead. Either way, I will be questioning it!

  • Storm water pipe that was set into the portico has been removed. Concrete is yet to be fixed though. 

    2 comments:

    1. Umm... with the frame overhang, why hasn't the entire slab been extended rather than just the corner? Shouldn't the entire section of slab be reboxed and re-poured?

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Yea I'm not sure what the go is here. I mentioned above that it seems the repair was done by the same person that went around the perimeter of the slab. I will speak to the Site Supervisor on Monday but I don't think the room is smaller. I think they are just missing that 'edge' to line up with the other side of the rear entrance/exit. Will follow it up.

        Delete