Wednesday 4 March 2015

Slab pour!

Great news! Our slab was poured this morning.

Being all excited I left work and went straight to the block. At first it looked really good and clean from the front. As I looked closer and closer I started to notice a lot of 'honeycombing'. For those of you who haven't heard of this term it is when the exposed sides show the gravel in clusters. 

Here is a link that gives some good information regarding honeycombing: 


I was really disappointed to see this and after looking at the opposite house slab (Porter Davis home and same concrete crew) I realized that the honeycombing is much more frequent in our slab. 

Fortunately, I have a great independent inspector and he responded to my email (full of photos) within a few hours and gave me some advice and re-assurance regarding what the best way to tackle this issue is. 

Enough writing from me, here are some photos I took this afternoon. 







No comments:

Post a Comment