Friday 13 March 2015

Slab Issues - Update

Last Friday, I was promised that our Slab Supervisor would go out to our site and provide feedback on the issues I have raised against the foundation. 

It took 2-3 days of constant pressure from our BC (She's awesome!) to get the issues rectified and get a call from our Slab Supervisor.

Finally, this morning I received a call from our Slab Supervisor. He has confirmed the following:

  • All honeycombing will be rectified and repaired using structural grout. The company conducting this repair is booked in for Tuesday. Our Slab Supervisor has agreed that I go on-site and mark all the areas I am concerned and would like repaired. I'm more than happy to do this as it saves them digging around the entire slab perimeter to uncover the honeycombing. 
  • 2x Damaged storm water pipes will be repaired and inspected today
  • Storm water pipe encased into the portico slab portion will be relocated to 150 mm away from the slab. The concrete will be cut away and 'refilled'. Just before handover we will have the portico area covered with a material that will keep the colour consistent. 

I'm quite happy with the way PD staff have responded to the issues I have raised. I can't comment on the quality and accuracy of the repair work yet but I will do when it eventuates....

Thanks for reading and have a great weekend :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment