Sunday 8 March 2015

Slab Issues - Discussion with Slab Supervisor

The afternoon following slab pour I visited the site to see how they went with the pour. As I previously mentioned, I was quite disappointed with the quality of the poor. Of course my main concern is the integrity of the slab and not the aesthetics of it. 

I raised my concern to our Building Coordinator and Slab Supervisor. I got an email back from our BC within a few hours saying she had spoken to the SS and he would call me ASAP. Next day our SS calls me. He did not for one second of the conversation make me feel like I am overreacting or wrong, which I appreciate as usually that's the default response you get from the builder. 

He agreed with my concerns and also mentioned that he wasn't impressed with the quality shown in the photos I sent. He gave me a few reasons as to why this has occurred but he couldn't confirm until he had seen the site himself. So he assured me that he was heading out on Friday to see it himself and complete a report on the slab. 

He promised that he would share the report with me, get all the issues rectified and provide engineering documents for all the post-pour work done to the foundation. 

Here's hoping all the above happens. Now to wait... 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment