Saturday 21 March 2015

Fish Tank 'Alcove'

As most of you may already know, I have utilized one of the rooms (study) and turned it into a 'fish room' with an in-wall fish tank. 

Today I went out and made sure the alcove was built to the measurements I specified. I was glad to see that the framers got it 100% accurate as I asked. 

My only concern is that the measurements I gave have been used as frame to frame measurements. Where as I wanted them to be between plaster.

Can anybody advise how thick the standard plaster used is? 







2 comments:

  1. Wouldn't you want a small gap around the tank for frame shrinkage over time?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The tank is not going into the alcove as such. It will actually sit on the back of that wall and will be slightly larger than the alcove.

      Delete